Known as one of the finest places in the world to retire and one of the best choices for real estate investment in Europe, here are just ten reasons why there is so much more to Portugal than sun, sea and sandy beaches!
- Excellent tax advantages. As well as the Non-Habitual Residency Scheme, there is no inheritance or gift tax and no wealth tax in Portugal for those with residency status.
- Portugal is the 3rd most peaceful country in the world. Portugal is yet again ranked 3rd out of 163 countries in the Global Peace Index of 2020 (below Iceland 1st and New Zealand 2nd)
- Strict planning permission. These ensure the natural beauty of the country and limit the supply of new properties, keeping demand high. Portugal has one of the lowest population to land densities in Europe.
- The country is politically stable. In an age of uncertainty, political and social stability in Portugal is seen as a competitive advantage in attracting more foreign investment.
- Good rental returns. Gross rental yields in Portugal are among the highest in Europe, ranging from 4%, with 10